We’re getting ready to open the shop on May 1st!!!
We are open for browsing on May 1st by appointment only.
Appointments must be booked online. There is a $10 charge to book an appointment. You will receive a $10 credit toward any purchase or, if no purchase is made, you will receive a $10 gift card that can be used at a later time or when making purchases online.
Shopping times start at the hour and half-hour and run for 25 minutes.
Walk-ins will be allowed if space permits.
When coming into Little Shop
- Everyone ages two and over must wear a mask at all times. Forget your mask? We’ll provide one for you.
2. Please physically distance from other customers and staff.
3. Please keep your children with you at all times.
4. Our restrooms are not currently open to customers.
5. Our train room is temporarily closed.
6. All appointments start on the hour (or half hour) and end 25 minutes after the hour (or half hour). Please complete your purchases by that time.
7. Two groups are allowed in the shop at any one time. Each individual group is limited to five people.
8. Start times for appointments are available Monday through Thursday, 12 to 3:30 p.m., Friday 12 to 5:30 p.m., and Saturday 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Little Shop is always open for online shopping.
We so much look forward to seeing you again!
We’ve even made a t-shirt to celebrate. Click here to see the great Mike Lowery design!
And, as always …
Need a book? Need a gift? We’re here for you.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS!
- You can visit our online shop to order books and gift cards here.
- You can visit our online Gift Marketplace here to purchase gifts!
- You can call us! (404) 373-6300.
- You can email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Getting Your Order
- We offer touch-free curbside pickup!
- We offer free shipping on orders of $25 or more.
- We offer FREE home delivery to the following zip codes: 30030 and 30002, 30306, 30307, 30317, 30322, 30329, 30032, 30033, and 30079.
We’re Doing Outdoor Pop Up Shops
Right outside our front door!
Fridays from 1 to 3 p.m.
Saturdays from 11 am to 3 pm
We Do Customized Shopping Experiences
Give us a call to arrange a time and tell us what types of books you might be interested in looking at. We’ll pull a selection for you and set them on a table outside in our foyer while you sit in a chair and browse. Don’t like what you’ve seen so far? We’ll bring out more!
March 17, 2021 marked the one-year anniversary of Little Shop of Stories closing its doors to browsing. We had to pivot, essentially turning our bricks-and-mortar bookstore into an order fulfillment center and moving our store and school event programming to a virtual platform.
While it has been a difficult year for everyone, there is reason for hope! Rates of Covid-19 infections have come down considerably in the past two months and rates of vaccinations are increasing. We’re optimistically planning on reopening our shop to you all.
We have missed you all so much! We have especially missed being a part of your children’s reading lives.
We are excited to share that we are making tentative plans to re-open for browsing on Saturday, May 1st.
This will be dependent on the continuation of current trends. A limited number of people will be allowed inside, and for a certain amount of time. The Goodnight Moon room will be closed off. We will not be hosting birthday parties or indoor author events. Things won’t be like they were before – yet – but this is a start.
Everyone here at Little Shop extends its deepest gratitude to everyone in the Decatur community and beyond. This bookstore has stayed afloat by employing just about every tactic we could think of, but by far the most important factor has been your continued support. Knowing that we’re still able to help find you the perfect book has kept us going, financially and emotionally.
Thanks again, so, so much!
Like you, we want to live and work in a healthy and thriving community. We believe that by taking these steps, we play a small but vital role in getting our community back to some sense of normalcy again.
We tell you this all the time: we are so incredibly grateful for you, our community, and for the chance and honor to be a part of your children’s lives for almost 15 years.
As always, if you have questions or concerns, you may email us at email@example.com or give us a call at (404) 373-6300. We are here, we are prepared, and we are paying attention. We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: we have the best community in the entire world. Thank you for being a part of our family and working with us to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Please stay safe and healthy And keep reading!
Your friends at Little Shop of Stories
When you are confined in a small space you need an outlet that isn’t work or maintaining your environment. Some people are surprised to learn I brought books with me to space. The quiet and absorption you can find in a physical book — one that doesn’t ping you with notifications or tempt you to open a new tab — is priceless. Many small bookstores are currently offering curbside pickup or home delivery service, which means you can support a local business while also cultivating some much-needed unplugged time.
– Astronaut Scott Kelly, who spent nearly one year on the International Space Station, offering tips on staying in isolation, New York Times, March 21, 2020