We want you to know that we’re still here! While our shop will remain closed to customers until
at least April 30th who knows when, we’re still open for pickup at the shop, home delivery, and online sales.
We really need you at this time. Amazon and big box chains will survive this crisis, many independent businesses will not. Now more than ever, Little Shop needs your support. We’re doing our best to keep most of our staff employed during this period and to continue providing for their health care benefits. You can purchase books through our online sales site or by calling the shop to order for either doorside pick-up or delivery to the following zip codes listed below. You can also buy gift cards for later use. We will have booksellers in the shop ready to take your orders Monday through Saturday from 10 to 4 pm. As always, we are happy to make recommendations for you and your children.
We are also here to ask for your continued patience. As this situation unfolds, we are learning more and more about how to run a safe and efficient business in this world. Things change rapidly, and we are doing our best to adapt. In that vein, we want to announce a few changes to our current procedures:
- Given the uncertainty of shipping schedules, it is becoming more difficult for us to predict when orders will arrive in the shop and be ready for you. Please know that we are doing our best to get your special orders to you as quickly as we can.
- Given the incredible influx of orders we receive on a daily basis, we are no longer able to ensure 24 hour home delivery. The realistic window is now somewhere between 24 and 48 hours.
- Our book pickup procedure is being adjusted for the safety of all. We will now ask customers for a window of time when they will come by, and we will place their bag(s) out on our pickup shelf before they arrive. If there is an issue, we of course welcome pickup customers to knock on our window and ask for assistance, but we will no longer make that a part of the process. Our pickup hours are 10am to 4pm, Monday through Saturday. Any orders not picked up will of course be brought inside while we are closed.
- We know that the phone is sometimes busy, but please know that we are doing our best to keep it open and answering when possible. Please keep trying. If you are struggling to get through, you may email us at email@example.com. You may also place orders for home delivery and store pickup online! The order comments section is the perfect place to tell us how you’d like to receive your books.
Need a book? We’re here for you.
FREE Mostly Same Day or Next Day Deliver in the 30030 and Neighboring Zip Codes
Give us a call before 4 p.m. and place your order. We will try our best to deliver to your residence THE SAME DAY! (If not, we can pretty much guarantee the next day.) Want it gift wrapped? We’ll gift wrap! (404) 373-6300
We’ll deliver to: 30030 and 30002, 30306, 30307, 30317, 30322, 30329, 30032, 30033, and 30079
Give us a call and place your order. Let us know when you’re coming to the shop and we’ll have your order sitting on a table outside the shop just waiting for you. (404) 373-6300
The city of Decatur is providing FREE 30-MINUTE PARKING for folks picking up deliveries at shops and restaurants. To receive 30-minute free parking from a meter, download the free ParkMobile App on your phone; enter “7801” in the Zone Number; and enter the promo code “BESAFE.”
Unofficially, I don’t think the folks who write parking tickets are considered essential employees. There’s always plenty of parking outside the shop.
Visit our online shop Books can be delivered to your home, picked up outside our door, or have shipped to your home, or order audio books here! We may have the books in stock at the store or we might have to order them in. Either way, we’ll contact you when your order is ready and you can tell us if you want home delivery (select zip codes) or doorside pickup.
Buy Little Shop Gift Cards!
Give us a call! All the information above concerning Free Mostly Same Day Delivery in the 30030 and neighboring zip codes and Doorside Pickup apply, or we can put them in the U.S. mail. (404) 373-6300 You can also purchase gift cards by visiting our online shop!
Like you, we want to live and work in a healthy and thriving community. We believe that by taking these steps, we play a small but vital role in getting our community back to some sense of normalcy again.
We tell you this all the time: we are so incredibly grateful for you, our community, and for the chance and honor to be a part of your children’s lives for almost 15 years.
As always, if you have questions or concerns, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at (404) 373-6300. We are here, we are prepared, and we are paying attention. We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: we have the best community in the entire world. Thank you for being a part of our family and working with us to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Please stay safe and healthy And keep reading!
Your friends at Little Shop of Stories
When you are confined in a small space you need an outlet that isn’t work or maintaining your environment. Some people are surprised to learn I brought books with me to space. The quiet and absorption you can find in a physical book — one that doesn’t ping you with notifications or tempt you to open a new tab — is priceless. Many small bookstores are currently offering curbside pickup or home delivery service, which means you can support a local business while also cultivating some much-needed unplugged time.
– Astronaut Scott Kelly, who spent nearly one year on the International Space Station, offering tips on staying in isolation, New York Times, March 21, 2020